15 days Fairy Meadows Trekking Experience
Fairy Meadows, named by German climbers (German Märchenwiese, ″fairy tale meadows″) and locally known as Joot, is a grassland near one of the base camp sites of the Nanga Parbat, located in Diamer District, Gilgit-Baltistan, Pakistan. At an altitude of about 3,300 meters above the sea level, it serves as the launching point for trekkers summiting on the Rakhiot face of the Nanga Parbat.
Nanga Parbat is the ninth tallest mountain in the world, standing at 8,125 meters (26,657 feet), and is the second tallest mountain in Pakistan, after K2.
Fairy Meadows is like the bouquet of flowers set before the towering killer mountain, Nanga Parbat. The mountain sets a backdrop for the Fairy Meadows, making it an appealing and exciting destination for tourists. Fairy Meadows are where the legends of Nanga Parbat are kept alive
The stark beauty of spring is said to be the highlight of the meadows and the best time to visit is from mid-July till end August.
Islamabad- Rawalpindi (sightseeing)
Drive to Chilas via Babusar Pass 9-10 hrs
Chilas- Raikot Bridge- Tato village and trek to Fairy Meadows 3306m
Excursion to Nanga Parbat base camp 4200m, back to Beyal for overnight
Excursion to Jaliper Peak base camp, back to Fairy Meadows
Trek down to Tato village, drive to KKH- Astore- Tarishing (2900m)
Tarishing- Herrligkoffer BC 10KM, (3550m) in 5-6 hrs
Herrligkoffer BC- Latobah 3KM, (3530m) 3-4 hrs
Latobah- Mazeno BC (4050 m) in 4-5 hrs
Trek back Herrligkoffer base camp, overnight in tents
Trek back to Tarishing, overnight in tents
Drive back to Chilas, overnight at hotel
Drive to Islamabad 11-hrs, overnight at hotel
Transfer to Islamabad Airport for International flight
- Hotel accommodation with all meals as per above itinerary.
- Transport as per itinerary.
- Entrance fee and tips at Restaurants.
- Porterage at airport & hotels, toll taxes and parking fee etc.
- Service of English speaking guide.
- International & domestic airfare, airport tax, excess baggage charges.
- Extras at hotels like drinks, laundry, phone calls and room service.
- Insurance liability and other under force majeure conditions, medical aid etc.
- Items not mentioned above.