Skardu, Deosai-Shigar Valley-Rama 12 days Adventure (July – September)
The Deosai Plateau, known as the highest plateau in the world is located at the boundary of the Karakoram and the western Himalayas. Deosai Plains are a backwoods country at about 30 kilometres from Skardu. It is a beautiful summer pasture with greenery and countless species of fauna and flora. The view of the Karakorum Range from the top of the 4,785-meter pass is legendary. Apart from fairies, this plateau is the habitat of the greatly threatened Himalayan Brown Bear and many other wild animals. Although few people will see a bear, quite a few are said to make their homes in the heart of the plateau. At an average elevation of 3,500 meter, Deosai officially is a National Park and protected area for wildlife.
Humanity is progressing in intellect, but deep inside, the peace of soul and mindfulness appears to be missing which people are not seeking in these deserted lands. If one is in search of solitude and wilderness, then why not visit Deosai?
Deosai has a deafening silence, a silence spanning over centuries. The silence is so deep that one can hear his own heartbeat, unless a marmot’s whistle fills the valley.
Arrive Islamabad. Hotel.
Fly to Skardu In case of cancellation of flight, drive to Chilas. Hotel.
Day free at Skardu or complete road journey. Hotel.
Drive to Khaplu (2560m). Hotel.
Drive back to Skardu. Hotel.
Excursion Shigar valley. Hotel.
Drive to Deosai. Camp.
Free day to exploration. Camp.
Drive to Rama. Hotel.
Drive to Besham. Hotel.
Drive to Islamabad enroute visit Taxila Museum. Hotel.
- Hotel accommodation with all meals as per above itinerary.
- Transport as per itinerary.
- Entrance fee and tips at Restaurants.
- Porterage at airport & hotels, toll taxes and parking fee etc.
- Service of English speaking guide.
- International & domestic airfare, airport tax, excess baggage charges.
- Extras at hotels like drinks, laundry, phone calls and room service.
- Insurance liability and other under force majeure conditions, medical aid etc.
- Items not mentioned above.