Naltar and Rama Meadows, 13 days
Naltar: is famous for its colorful lakes, it is situated at a drive of 2.5 hours from Gilgit. World’s tastiest potatoes are cultivated here. Covered with pine trees, this valley doesn’t seem to be a part of this world. The Naltar Mountains, north-west of Gilgit, have dozens of 5000m summits. If you really want to experience paradise in this world, you should visit Naltar at least once. This place will make you fall in love with
Rama Meadow:If you ever happen to find yourself in plain, ice-cold and milk-white water flowing in streams, sheep and cows grazing in peace, pine trees, Chongra’s ice-covered peak in background, and Nanga Parbat’s southern ridge is in view, then you are probably in Rama Meadow.
Although not high by Karakoram standards, many are impressive. Naltar receives more rainfall than other areas in the Hunza Valley, and its alpine forests are a refreshing respite in the otherwise arid Karakoram. Naltar was a British hill station and has some military facilities, including a Pakistan Air Force winter survival school.
Fly Gilgit or drive to Besham in case of cancellation.
Free day or drive to Gilgit. Hotel.
Drive to Naltar and continue to Naltar Lake. Tent.
Trek to Lower Shanni. Tent.
Trek to Naltar BC. Tent.
Trek to Koribort. Tent.
Trek to Pakora. Tent.
Drive to Gilgit. Hotel.
Full Day Excursion Hunza and visit Baltit/Altit forts. Hotel.
Drive to Besham. Hotel.
Drive to Islamabad, visit Taxila en route. Hotel.
- Hotel accommodation with all meals as per above itinerary.
- Transport as per itinerary.
- Entrance fee and tips at Restaurants.
- Porterage at airport & hotels, toll taxes and parking fee etc.
- Service of English speaking guide.
- International & domestic airfare, airport tax, excess baggage charges.
- Extras at hotels like drinks, laundry, phone calls and room service.
- Insurance liability and other under force majeure conditions, medical aid etc.
- Items not mentioned above.